Coretex provide free webinars of interest and value to estates, property and facilities managers during their professional lives which can be viewed directly online at any time.
Creating a property strategy
Originally Broadcast Live on the 26th March 2013 at 4.30pm GMT (Duration: 45 minutes)
The economic climate continues to impact on practically all organisations. The need to have a rational and effective property strategy has never been greater. How can you develop appropriate options and evaluate them? This Coretex webinar will take you through a typical process to develop a property strategy including;
- the information you will require to inform the options you should consider,
- the analytical tools to evaluate options and
- the Top 10 Issues (to ensure high probability of a successful Property Strategy).
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector, representatives of public sector organisations who perhaps are looking to develop a property strategy business case and also national and international organisations looking to challenge and rationalise portfolios.
Managing the reduction of a property portfolio
Originally Broadcast Live on the 11th April 2013 at 4.30pm GMT (Duration: 30 minutes)
Once the objectives are set for the portfolio the property and facilities managers must put in place planning and governance to achieve them. Often the culture of the organisation is such that stringent performance reporting is required, typically through the most senior Property and Facilities Executives to the CFO/ Finance Director and sometimes to the C Suite. The webinar will show you a good practice case study including
- Governance structure and communications
- control tools and methodologies
- progress reporting and
- the Top 10 Issues (to ensure high probability of achieving the objectives).
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector in regional, national and international organisations who perhaps needed to deliver a significant change programme, including reducing complex and changing property portfolios.
Assessing whether your facilities management solution is Value for Money
Originally Broadcast Live on the 7th May 2013 at 4.30pm GMT (Duration: 30 minutes)
Webinar hosted by Michael Ripper MSc (MRICS) of Landmark FMC
Value for money is significantly more than just lowest cost and how the costs compare with similar buildings and portfolios. It should also help organisations understand whether the services provided are positively supporting the business requirements and whether the processes used compare favourably with best practice in the market. The webinar will show a good practice approach including:
- the Top 10 Issues (to ensure high probability of achieving value for money).
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector; people who perhaps wished to understand the current performance of their facilities services as a basis for targeted performance improvement.
Designing a property and facilities management organisation
Originally Broadcast Live on the 11th June 2013 at 4.30pm GMT (Duration: 50 minutes)
At the end of the 20th Century it became apparent that designing organisations simply based on function, span of control and who is employed is not enough on which to base the design. To ensure an integrated view of the future and changing stakeholder requirements together with a flexible yet resilient resource and operational model a more process oriented approach is required. The webinar will show you a good practice case study including;
- What affects the options for size, scope and shape of an organisation
- How to collect and analyse the information – create models for pressure testing
- Decision making for organisation structural options
- the Top 10 Issues (to ensure high probability of achieving the objectives)
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector, representatives of public sector organisations who perhaps needed to develop a property strategy business case; national and international organisations who perhaps were looking to challenge and rationalise portfolios.
Creating a maintenance strategy
Originally Broadcast Live on the 9th July 2013 at 4:30pm GMT (Duration: 50 minutes)
There has been a great deal of interest and debate in Linkedin Groups in 2013 about good practice for Property Maintenance. This Webinar will explain the options available and benefits of the available Maintenance Strategies to organisations in language that will resonate with Leadership and senior managers as well professional engineers. The session will provide a case study approach to show why each strategy is appropriate and the business case for moving from inappropriate current practices. The session will cover;
- the information you need to decide the most appropriate maintenance strategy,
- how to set out and assess the business case for each strategy plus key messages to leadership in support of the optimum solution
- the Top 10 Issues (how to increase probability of leadership selecting the ‘best’ option – even if more investment is required).
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector who perhaps needed to understand the available options for maintenance and perhaps needed to develop a property maintenance business case for adoption by organisation leadership.
Managing a facilities management procurement process
Date TBA (Duration: 45 minutes)
Identifying the service areas that would be best delivered by the external market, specifying the service, setting up and managing the procurement process are key areas of activity for many senior Facilities Staff. In some cases other internal specialists (procurement etc) are involved, however it is essential to understand the process and how to manage it effectively. The session will cover the difference between small and large scale procurement contractual arrangements including how to set up multi site and multi country contracts. This Webinar looks at the process from the initial reasoning to outsource through to the successful mobilisation of the service. The session will cover;
- the information you need to decide the scope and associated standards required for the service (s),
- how to identify appropriate suppliers, select the contract terms, manage the selection process, finalise the contract and mobilise the supplier.
- the Top 10 Issues (how to avoid the main pitfalls in a tendering process).
Who should attend?
Senior property and facilities managers in both the private and public sector who need to participate in a procurement process.