Strategic Property Review -
London Borough of Islington Accommodation Strategy for Local Government Offices
London Borough of Islington was undergoing a period of change. It was seeking to use this period of change to help define its longer-term agenda and to articulate its key objectives for the next two-three years. A central plank of this agenda was the implementation of an accommodation strategy for the Council’s administrative offices. Coretex was instructed to develop the Accommodation Strategy for the council.
Develop a route map for a cohesive long-term office accommodation strategyConfirm accommodation objectives (e.g.: cost saving, productivity, aligning property with key Council priorities, etc.)Articulate the demand for property within IslingtonIdentify options to provide cost effective, fit-for-purpose accommodation for c.3,000 staff
Using our strategy process the review helped define the needs of London Borough of Islington, how the current property and facilities supported this need, evaluated the options for change from a cost, risk and quality perspective. The project approach included:
- Interviews with senior members and officers of the Council, senior managers in the Finance and Property department
- Site Visits to their main locations
- Desktop review of Council policies and objectives, and property information
A five year plan was agreed including:
- Implement agreed approach to front office/back office and centralised/ decentralised functions
- Align property strategies with other resource areas – HR, IT and Finance.
- Align property strategies with Borough priorities (Improvement, Regeneration, Sustainability and Customer)